Welcome to Weestories


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have a problem with history.

Don't get me wrong. I love the subject. I love the stories and intricacies that tie things together. I love the fact that the world is ultimately a convoluted mess of a web that only begins to make sense when you look back on the past.

That still doesn't change the fact that I have a problem with history.

You see, I have a problem with the word - "history". Specifically, the first syllable that seem to imply that stories from the past are essentially stories of our patriarchs. Hence, I prefer to use the non-gender-biased Malay word for history -sejarah. However, given that not everyone is familiar with the Malay language, I would be giving some an advantage over others so I have thus decided to simply create a new word to describe stories of our past that would be free of racial, gender and whatever else bias.

Thus, Weestories is born. A tale of our times. A tale of us.

Welcome to Weestories.


0 Responses to "Welcome to Weestories"

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • Every second that passes by is a second that's part of history...
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links



Powered by Blogger